Limited Edition Serigraph

North Lighthouse is located at Sandy Point on the northern tip of Block Island. The North Lighthouse warns boaters of a sandbar extending from this end of the island. In 1829, the original North Lighthouse was built, but it was replaced in 1837 after it was washed out to sea. The ocean claimed the replacement lighthouse also, and the lighthouse that can be seen today was constructed only in 1867. Construction began on Block Island's Southeast Lighthouse a few years later in 1873.
Back to Top